September Quality Assurance Meeting Thursday, September 3rd 2020

ROS Friends,

The next ROS Quality Assurance Working Group will take place on: 2020-09-03T14:00:00Z2020-09-03T15:00:00Z . I will try to record the video and post it afterwards. Be aware that I am traveling and it is unclear what my wifi situation will look like.

Meeting ID: meet.google.com/tnx-fzas-obr
Phone Numbers:
(‪US‬)[‪+1 617-675-4444‬]
PIN: ‪456 561 685 9668#‬
More phone numbers

The event details should be on the ROS 2 events calendar.

This months’s meeting will feature a talk by Dr. Deby Katz who recently completed her PhD. a Carnegie-Mellon University’s Squares Lab. Dr. Katz will talk about her dissertation work that focuses on the Identification of software failures in complex systems using low-level execution data. To quote Dr. Katz, “I combine instruction-level dynamic monitoring techniques with machine learning approaches to detect unusual behavior in robotics systems software. … I analyze the effects of artificial timing delays inserted into ROS systems, to determine the amounts and kinds of overhead that the systems can absorb without deforming observable behavior.”

As we all know, there is a complex relationship between system performance and robustness in robotic systems.I am super excited about this work and I hope y’all can make it.

We’ll also spend a few minutes congratulating the QAWG co-organizer @Alami who also just successfully defended his dissertation. :robot: :+1:t2: I am really excited about all of the young and brilliant minds helping to improve the quality of ROS software.

4 Likes

Hi All,

What a fantastic talk! Everyone should take a moment to watch the video. I recorded the talk and the video is presently uploading and processing to this location.

1 Like