ROS News for the Week of August 31, 2020
Robin Fröjd puts the finishing touches on his CHAMP robot. Watching the robot come together on twitter has been really fun.
- XRCE-DDS Memory Profiling
- Kinetic Kame Update
- SkiROS 2.0: Skills and Behavior Trees
- ROS Industrial Updates 3D Sensors Lists
- Fergs on ROS 2 Autonomy on the URB-1
- ROS and ROS 2 Docker Containers for nVidia Jetson!
- Ubuntu on Getting Started with ROS
- New and Noteworthy Noetic News
- 2020 GSoC and Intern Final Project Reports – a must read
- PCL Needs Maintainers
- Flightmare Simulator from University of Zurich
- ProtonTypes Launches
Talks and Tutorials
- The Autoware Foundation Lecture Series is now complete
- QA-WG Talk, Deby Katz on Using ML to find bugs in ROS
- TWO new Nav2 Tutorials, Behavior Trees and Recovery Behaviors
- How to do Odom Right!
- VentureBeat reports on AR RVIZ
- NuScenes Autonomy Data Set Gets Bigger
- Another Commercial Quad with ROS Support?!?!
- @msadowski is not writing a monthly ROS update on Patreon
Events and CFPs
- CFP Autonomous Robots Special Issue: Power-On-and-Go Autonomy: Right, Out of the Box
- Black in Robotics Community Open House 9/11/2020
- 2020 Fall Robobusiness Program is live
- I’ll be speaking on ROS 2 and ARM at the Arm Dev Summit on October 8th
- ROS Industrial Fall Training September 22-25
- CFP Robots in Ag @ FIRA 2020
Got something interesting, drop it in the comments!