Starting a local users group in India

Heyy,
I am Ridhwan Luthra from New Delhi, India.
I want to start a ROS users group here.
Please let me know how to proceed.
I already have the location and the team.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you so much.

1 Like

There isn’t an official process for starting a user group. Anyone can create one any way they choose (although there are probably limits on the commercial use of the logo, etc.). If you have a location and a bunch of interested people, start holding events and having fun! :slight_smile:

If you want a local-language sub-category, you should message @tfoote and ask for one. You will need to provide a description in the chosen language.

Sounds like a good idea. I am not physically in India . However i would like to contribute in anyway possible. I would suggest contacting local IEEE section to spread awareness. I can do it for IEEE Bangalore Section.

Hey, I was thinking of doing the same thing since a long time but never got around to it, due to my other involvements. I am from Chandigarh, So If you are planning something, I would love to get involved and I also have a couple of other people here interested in Robotics and ROS. Do update me if any such plans are formed.

1 Like

Hi Ridhwan,

We are putting together a packet of all our previous ROS fundamentals talks for our local user group, and some tips we have learned from our previous experiences. We will send them to you when we are finished.

Thanks,
Nick

1 Like