Swiss Ranger 4000

Hi there,

Would anyone out there have a copy of libmesasr that they could send me? I’m trying to get an old SwissRanger 4000 working with ROS for a ToF navigation project. Unfortunately, Mesa Imaging (the company who makes the sensor) was bought out years ago by Heptagon, a member of the ASM group. Their website documents the SwissRanger line of products as discontinued, and has broken software download links to the old mesa-imaging website. I emailed ASM support asking if they could send me the Linux driver, but they responded that they no longer support the sensor and couldn’t help me. I’m turning to the ROS community as my last hope. If anyone out there has a libmesasr library file and complimentary header file, I would greatly appreciate if they could tarball it and send it to me at jeremy (dot) roy (at) live (dot) ca.

Thanks,

Jeremy

The Wayback Machine appears to have indexed the Mesa Imaging site quite a few times over the years. See here.

You can then navigate to Support and download the Debian packages. The links worked for me.

2 Likes

Hi Gavanderhoorn,

Thanks for the suggestion. I was able to successfully download and install the Debian packages using the Wayback Machine. After some testing I was able to communicate with the sensor via ethernet connection. Now my next step is to catkinize one of the old rosmake drivers.

Jeremy