Calling robot manufacturers! We need your input

To make ROS work better for robot manufacturers out-of-the-box, the ROS 2 Embedded WG is looking for your input regarding hardware, operating system and communications technologies in practical use. This specifically includes both larger compute engines (think Intel or Arm A-series) as well as micro-controllers (e.g., ARM Cortex-M, etc.) as used in sensors and actors.

See http://www.polljunkie.com/poll/xcxtqy/ros2-embedded-sig-community-status for the poll.

btw, this poll has been open for a while, and we plan on discussing some results this evening (or morning, for US times) in the embedded WG telco. However, looking at the results so far, I noticed that no actual robot manufacturer had replied, that’s why I’m targeting you guys explicitly.

If you can’t reply today, don’t worry, we will leave the poll open for a while and look at it again later.

I realize that some of the information we ask for might be considered confidential, but maybe you can share general data (e.g., we don’t need know which exact, say, ARM board you’re using, but it would help to know what class the CPU is, and what your main comm protocols are).

Pinging @DLu @rgariepy @Ilia_Baranov @Kei @routiful

2 Likes

Thanks @Ingo_Lutkebohle, we’ve replied!

1 Like

We’ve replied, thanks for putting this together

2 Likes

@Ingo_Lutkebohle

appreciate for your effort on this, we’ve replied.

Tomoya

1 Like

@Ingo_Lutkebohle

We’ve replied. See you soon in ROSCon :slight_smile:

2 Likes