Aeolus Robotics is hiring
Aeolus Robotics (http://aeolusbot.com) was founded to bring the first generation of household robot assistants to life, and to market. Integrating Taiwanese manufacturing prowess and Silicon Valley AI genius, we are breaking ground in general-purpose consumer robotics with capability in unstructured “human” spaces. Our CTO, an expert in AI and machine learning, was a member of the DARPA team that conceived and managed the Watson AI project. We’ve got additional key members and breakthrough technological approaches to ensure success in this challenging field.
Aeolus has shown recently a prototype robot at CES 2018.
Aeolus Robotics is looking for experienced people willing to join our team in Vienna or working remotely world-wide, on full time employment. At the moment we have open following positions:
Robotics Specialist or Developer
Manipulation and grasping, especially software compliant approaches that are compatible with a variety of grips and objects. Core tasks are the development of algorithms for grasp calculation and the improvements of existing solutions.
• 3+ years C++ development
• Machine Learning
Simulation Specialist for Manipulation and Grasping
• 3+ years of experience in robotics simulation (e.g. MoveIt)
• Trajectory planning for robot arm and grippers
• Collision avoidance
• Forward/inverse kinematics
Develop grasping strategies based on tactile feedback.
• 2+ years of experience in tactile and force feedback in manipulation
• Real time systems
• Control theory
• Motion planning
Robot Maintenance and Test Engineer
A main task will be the maintenance of the robotic hardware in Vienna and port existing software onto the robot. Candidates should have a strong background in mechanics and electronics, and should be willing to travel for robot maintenance training.
• Understanding system function diagrams
• Experience in diagnosing problems related to hardware (e.g. electronics, sensors) and assembly/disassembly
• Experience in maintaining complex equipment or appliance
Computer Vision Expert
• 3+ years experience in designing and implementing algorithms for computer vision
• Strong C++ programming and debugging skills
• Experience with computer vision libraries (OpenCV, PCL) and machine learning
• Experience with RGB-D sensors (structured light, time-of-flight)
• Strong skills in computer vision areas such as object recognition, pose estimation, object reconstruction, object tracking, 2D/3D features (SIFT, SHOT, ORB),
• Preferable skills include ROS, GPU programming, knowledge about Deep Learning, Linux
Roboticist: Path-planning Specialist
• Own the navigation costmaps area and implement various data processing algorithms
• Have experience and knowledge on 2D data processing for motion planning, e.g. Fast Marching Methods
• Have experience with state-of-the-art path-planning approaches, e.g. RRT*
• Very good C++ skills (ROS, OpenCV, Linux)
Roboticist: Control-theory Specialist
• Experience and understanding of numerical optimization
• Strong mathematical skills, especially calculus
• Knowledge & experience of advanced, (non-linear) control-theory methods (Lyapunov Theory, Differential Flatness, MPC, EKF, SGF, MHE)
• Very good C++ skills (ROS, Linux, Template Meta-Programming)
These roles permit flexible working hours. You will work in a scrum-based agile development cycle. You will be working alongside founders, researchers, and engineers to design and build first-generation robotic solutions for mass consumer adoption.
If you are interested in applying to one of these positions, please send a message to HIRING@AEOLUSBOT.COM with your CV, and CC firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate the position which is in area of your interest.