We are pleased to announce the release of version 1.5 of the VRX simulation platform! The VRX platform is a virtual environment built in Gazebo, designed for accelerating development of unmanned surface vehicles. It also serves as the virtual “venue” for the VRX 2022 Competition, a virtual competition closely coordinated with RobotX 2022.
This release features all six VRX Competition 2022 tasks with working examples. Please check out our new Release 1.5 Highlight Video for a quick tour.
Some notable additions include:
- New tutorials for getting started with VRX 2022 tasks.
- Mobile Crocodile, platypus and turtle models for the Wildlife Encounter and Avoid task, inspired by RobotX 2022.
- A new ball shooter and targets for the Scan and Dock and Deliver task.
- Complete competition documentation, described in the
- For additional details please see the Changelog.
What’s coming next :
- VRX Release and Competition Tutorials – now available!
- Registration Opens - October 2021
- VRX Introduction at RoboNation Community Hour - October 2021
- Workshop & Kickoff – November 2021
- Competition Phase 1 – December 2021
- Competition Phase 2 – March 2022
- Finals – April 2022
Please do not hesitate to reach out to us with any questions you may have.
The VRX Technical Team: Brian, Carlos, Carson, Jessica and Michael