Call for Speakers - The 6th ROS Developers Day (ROSDevDay2023)
Hi ROS developers, if you know something interesting about ROS and WOULD LIKE TO TEACH IT to the community, present your knowledge at ROSDevDay!
New this year: Speakers will be paid 300€ + 5% commission on rosject sales!
We value the work of every ROS developer and want to reward developers for their work. To that end, each speaker at ROSDevDay2023 will receive 300€, plus 5% of their rosject’s total revenue from sales on TheConstruct‘s online learning platform.
*Your rosject will permanently appear on The Construct for €39, the speaker will receive 5% of the total revenue from the rosject as a permanent revenue stream.
- ROS-related topics are eligible, including ROS 1 & 2 and ROS basic, intermediate and advanced levels.
- You can apply as long as the subject matter is interesting for the ROS community.
- The presentation must be around a project that all the attendants can execute within a rosject
Examples of successful projects:
- A practical demonstration of Nav2 new features: Practical Demonstration of New User-Requested Nav2 Features | Steve Macenski | ROSDevDay 2021 - YouTube
- Multi-floor navigation: Multi-Floor Navigation with ROS Navigation Stack | Ammaar Solkar | ROSDevDay 2021 - YouTube
- Simulating and testing underwater robots: Simulating and Testing Underwater Robots in Gazebo - ROS2 | Arjo Chakravarty | ROSDevDay 2022 - YouTube
- Building a planning scene for pick&place: Build a MoveIt's Planning Scene for a Pick & Place Application | María Beneyto | ROSDevDay 2022 - YouTube
- Unix domain socket communication with ROS: #ROSDevCon19: Unix Domain Socket communication in ROS by TOMOYA FUJITA - YouTube
Examples that do not apply:
- Something that can only be applied to an actual device and cannot be demostrated during the rosject
- Something that it is at so low a level that attendees barely understand because they cannot relate the relation between that and robots
- Something that cannot be executed inside a rosject
REMEMBER: This conference is not about showing your latest results (you can if you want). Instead, it is about showing and sharing interesting subjects with ROS to the audience so they can practice, learn and apply it to their projects.
- Proposal submission deadline: May 5, 2023
- Evaluation period: May 5 – May 15, 2023
- Rosject preparation period: May 15 – June 15, 2023
- Final rosject submission: June 15, 2023
How to prepare & submit your proposal?
Check out the instructions here: https://www.theconstructsim.com/ros-developers-day-2023-call-for-speakers/
For any questions please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.