Hi ROS developers,
We’re approaching the end of the speaker application process for the upcoming ROS Developers Day (www.ROSDevDay.com). If you have any amazing ROS projects to share with the community, we would love to hear from you!
New this year, we’re excited to offer speakers payment of 300€ plus a 5% commission on ROS project sales!
The deadline for applications is May 5th, so don’t wait any longer to be part of this exciting event. Simply click on the link below to submit your application:
- ROS-related topics are eligible, including ROS 1 & 2 and ROS basic, intermediate and advanced levels.
- You can apply as long as the subject matter is interesting for the ROS community.
- The presentation must be around a project that all the attendants can execute within a rosject
Examples of successful projects:
- A practical demonstration of Nav2 new features: Practical Demonstration of New User-Requested Nav2 Features | Steve Macenski | ROSDevDay 2021 - YouTube
- Multi-floor navigation: Multi-Floor Navigation with ROS Navigation Stack | Ammaar Solkar | ROSDevDay 2021 - YouTube
- Simulating and testing underwater robots: Simulating and Testing Underwater Robots in Gazebo - ROS2 | Arjo Chakravarty | ROSDevDay 2022 - YouTube
- Building a planning scene for pick&place: Build a MoveIt’s Planning Scene for a Pick & Place Application | María Beneyto | ROSDevDay 2022 - YouTube
- Unix domain socket communication with ROS: #ROSDevCon19: Unix Domain Socket communication in ROS by TOMOYA FUJITA - YouTube
Examples that do not apply:
- Something that can only be applied to an actual device and cannot be demostrated during the rosject
- Something that it is at so low a level that attendees barely understand because they cannot relate the relation between that and robots
- Something that cannot be executed inside a rosject
REMEMBER: This conference is not about showing your latest results (you can if you want). Instead, it is about showing and sharing interesting subjects with ROS to the audience so they can practice, learn and apply it to their projects.
- Proposal submission deadline: May 5, 2023
- Evaluation period: May 5 – May 15, 2023
- Rosject preparation period: May 15 – June 15, 2023
- Final rosject submission: June 15, 2023
How to prepare & submit your proposal?
Check out the instructions here: https://www.theconstructsim.com/ros-developers-day-2023-call-for-speakers/
For any questions please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.