Sheffield-based Additive Automations is automating the post-processing of additive manufacturing. Currently the process is done manually, but it’s laborious, error-prone and toxic.
Programming robots and other industrial equipment for manufacturing is traditionally a hard task that requires experienced technicians and automation engineers. At Additive Automations we’re building software applications that move a significant part of the design, programming, debugging and testing process to a virtual 3D environment. Our applications are built on top of the open-source robotics stack, ROS.
This is a unique opportunity to be part of a greenfield development effort that will change the way companies build and produce products. We’ve just received a significant amount of funding and will be hiring multiple engineers in the coming months, to add to our current team of 6.
About this Job
- Take full ownership of our control systems
- You will be creating real-time control loops for industrial robotic arms and our portfolio of end effectors; utilising force sensors
- Integrating vision sensors to perform surface recognition
- Design autonomous code to perform robot tool changing, toolwear monitoring and tool calibration
- Rigorously test your control software in our robotic cells
- Proficient in C++ and ROS
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or Physics
- At least 3 years industry experience developing robotics systems OR PhD
- Good knowledge of control theory
- Excellent understanding of data structures and algorithms
- Can demonstrate your control systems working in the real-world
- The team is located in Sheffield, UK. A hidden gem in the centre of the UK - just ask all the university students that end up never leaving! World class rock climbing, mountain/road biking, trail running, hiking, kayaking, award winning craft beer, boutique coffee roasters and some of the best pub food in the world
- The role is for a permanent position
- Flexible working hours and some remote working available
- 33 days holiday including bank holidays
- Share options
If you’re interested, please apply at firstname.lastname@example.org