Sheffield-based Additive Automations is automating the post-processing of additive manufacturing. Currently the process is done manually, but it’s laborious, error-prone and toxic.
Programming robots and other industrial equipment for manufacturing is traditionally a hard task that requires experienced technicians and automation engineers. At Additive Automations we’re building software applications that move a significant part of the design, programming, debugging and testing process to a virtual 3D environment. Our applications are built on top of the open-source robotics stack, ROS.
This is a unique opportunity to be part of a greenfield development effort that will change the way companies build and produce products. We’ve just received a significant amount of funding and will be hiring multiple engineers in the coming months, to add to our current team of 6.
About this Job
- You will be creating a software application which empowers users to teach a robot to perform the highly dextrous task of post-processing additive manufactured parts
- Design the architecture and develop our teach application with a UI familiar to CAD / CAM users
- Build a bespoke simulator utilising Nvidia PhysX to accurately model the post processing steps of additive manufacturing
- Write comprehensive unit and integration tests
- Proficient in C#
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or Physics
- At least 3 years industry experience developing Unity applications
- Mesh processing / manipulation algorithms
- Excellent understanding of data structures and algorithms
- Good knowledge of software design patterns
- The team is located in Sheffield, UK. A hidden gem in the centre of the UK - just ask all the university students that end up never leaving! World class rock climbing, mountain/road biking, trail running, hiking, kayaking, award winning craft beer, boutique coffee roasters and some of the best pub food in the world
- The role is for a permanent position
- Flexible working hours and some remote working available
- 33 days holiday including bank holidays
- Share options
If you’re interested, please apply at firstname.lastname@example.org