Auro Robotics (www.aurobots.com) is looking for Embedded + Controls Engineer to help make autonomous shuttles.
We are developing autonomous shuttles for transportation within campuses, such as university campus, retirement community and a corporate / business park. Check out quick fun video at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLx3R0jnyEc
We graduated from Y Combinator in Summer 2015, raised over $2M funding in seed financing and are currently piloting 1st version of our autonomous shuttle at a university campus with real students as a regular daily service by transporting them autonomously from one building to another.
We are looking for people who can come in as founding / core team members (starting 5 employees) of the company and are motivated by taking complete ownership of their part. Besides usual perks (health insurance, vacations, snacks), we will be offering generous 0.5-2% equity to these starting team members.
Apply here: https://jobs.lever.co/aurobots/983daa64-9562-4679-a41c-22f03a88fbf9?lever-source=ros-list. You can check out the complete list of job openings at this link.
Contact: Nalin Gupta (co-founder) | firstname.lastname@example.org | 408-431-7342
Embedded + Controls Engineer - Job Description
- Design and implement hardware + firmware solutions for drive-by-wire system (electronic control of steering, brake & throttle in autonomous vehicle)
- Design and implement speed and steering control system for autonomous vehicle
- Prototype and implement embedded system processors and connectors
- Add robustness, redundancy and fault tolerance capabilities in existing designs for production use
Embedded + Controls Engineer - Core Skills Required
- Experience with embedded C/C++ programming. Familiarity with RTOS is prefered.
- Worked with different types microcontrollers such as STM, TI etc and/or Automotive ECUs
- Good understanding of control theory / vehicle modelling
- 2+ years of experience in taking a hardware project (preferably in robotics domain) from idea to production stage
- Comfortable in interfacing with motors (stepper, BLDC, linear actuators etc.) and various types of sensors such as pressure sensor and wheel encoders.
- Implementation of communication protocols such as CAN and Serial.
Embedded + Controls Engineer - Bonus Skills
- Experience working on safety critical automotive, aerospace or robotics projects.
- Experience in mechanical design & fabrication, and using tools such as 3D printing, CNC etc.