The Autonomous Systems group of Eurecat Technology Center (Barcelona) is looking for highly motivated researchers to work in the area of mobile robots, autonomous navigation and computer vision in the framework of several European and national research projects.
Eurecat Technology Centre is specialized in research and development on Mobile and Industrial Robotics and Automation. For over 10 years, the Autonomous Systems group has been involved in the development of autonomous navigation software for aerial and ground mobile robots, developing a large experience in Field and Industrial robotics. As a Technology Centre, we do applied R&D to enhance the capabilities and reliability of autonomous systems operating in realistic scenarios, improving the current methods and enabling new applications.
Our current project activities focus on the following technical challenges:
- Sensor-based localization, SLAM and navigation for Automated Guided Vehicles (AGV) for mobile manipulators in the logistics and advanced manufacturing.
- Perception, localization and path-planning for Unmanned Ground Vehicles (UGV) on agriculture applications.
- Infrastructure inspections with Micro-Aerial Vehicles (MAV) (indoors and outdoors) with special focus on confined scenarios
- GNSS integration with IMU, cameras and laser sensors for robust indoor/outdoor seamless localization.
- Multi-robot systems
Links to our robotics projects sites:
Mobile Robotics Researcher
We are looking for highly-skilled roboticists to complete our robotics team. The candidate shall work on national and European research projects dealing with robotic systems, (mostly AGV, but also UGV and MAV). The main responsibilities will include the contribution and support of our software developments in different aspects of robotics with a special focus on localization (i.e. SLAM, EKF, Particle filters, optimization-based localization). Other specializations will be considered depending on the applicant background and experience.
Required skills for both job offers:
- MSc or PhD in Robotics/Computer Vision or related discipline
- Strong background in at least one of the following: SLAM and localization, deep learning, path planning, vision-based robotics and 3D perception.
- Knowledge about ROS (Robot Operating System) and Computer Vision.
- Advanced experience with C++, reusable code and software documentation.
- Team spirit and ability to work independently.
- Excellent communication skills, flexibility and creativity.
- Very good knowledge of English is required.
The job positions are available immediately and are on permanent basis. Salary to be negotiated.
Send the CV and motivation letter as a single PDF by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Internship positions also available under request.