ROS Developers LIVE-Class #63: Linux for Robotics
Linux is the main operating system used for Robotics. In this class, you will learn the basic Linux commands that you have to master in order to start creating ROS based programs.
You will learn:
- What is a directory, how to create one, and how to move around directories
- How to manage files in a Linux system
- What are the system variables, how to set them up and how to check their values
- How to launch a program in Linux, what are the processes and how to check them
- What is Ubuntu, what is its relation with Linux and why we use it
We will apply all that to the human size humanoid robot Talos, by our friends of Pal Robotics.
LIVE DATE & TIME
Tuesday, 9 July 2019 @ 6 pm - 7 pm CEST
HOW TO JOIN THE CLASS
- FREE event open for everyone, the only thing you may need to do is “set reminder” on our YouTube channel.
- We will provide a complete documentation with a step by step guide (containing robot simulation, notebook with instructions and code) with all the attendants at the beginning of the class. Remember to be on time.
- In Live Classes, you will practice with the instructor at the same time, with the provided free ROS material.
If you missed the class, you can find the ROSject files and full-code used in the class at the Robot Ignite Academy: https://www.robotigniteacademy.com