MoveIt Setup assistant for ROS 2

Hi everyone,
i am currently dealing with a simple pick and place operation and i do not have any issues.
I would like to integrate my robot (practically substitute panda), a comau racer 5.8. I’ve consulted all robots available and it does not appear in the list.
So now i would like to integrate with my URDF and SRDF description, in MoveIt tutorial i discovered that Moveit gives a moveit setup assistant to automatically produce config file… But i am not sure this tools is available or correct for ROS2 usage.
Hope someone more confident than me!
Enrico

Hi,

The moveit setup assistant is supported in ROS2 (MoveIt Setup Assistant - Merge the Feature branch by DLu · Pull Request #1254 · ros-planning/moveit2 · GitHub), take a look at MoveIt Setup Assistant — MoveIt Documentation: Humble documentation

Please let me know if you run into any issues!

3 Likes

Just to be extra pedantic - the setup assistant is available in ROS2 Humble - it’s not yet backported in any earlier ROS2 version (although there are some PRs working on back port to Foxy)

1 Like

The documentation for humble seems to be a copy paste from noetic without any changes. Is there ros2 docs somewhere?

I think you are right, need to install noetic and run it in parallel.