[Navigation2] Complete Parameter Guide Now Available

Hi all,

Friendly neighborhood navigation guy here. I wanted to share with you some really great documentation progress spearheaded by @marwan99. For the first time, we have a complete set of parameters, their defaults, and their descriptions for the entire navigation stack up on our documentation site. This should help substantially folks looking to configure the stack for their new robots and no more guesswork or reading through code to understand what do_beamskipping or stateful mean.

Marwan went through the entire codebase exhaustive to identify all the parameters in the stack (and helped correct some parameters that weren’t declared) and we worked to write descriptions for all of them and input them into a structured webpage linked below. We also used this opportunity to audit the networking interfaces and ensured all TF and server calls have timeouts and all frames are fully configurable.

https://navigation.ros.org/configuration/index.html

As a reminder, if you’re interested in getting involved in the Navigation working group, we have a navigation2 slack: navigation2.slack.com. If you can’t join yourself PM me and I’ll get you access. We have students, professionals, and professors working with us to build the worlds best and most feature rich navigation system. Folks are helping out anywhere between 3 hours a week and 40 hours a week, if you’re interested in getting involved, I encourage you to do so. We can always find something for you to work on and learn / grow.

Happy navigating,

S

21 Likes

This is so great to see! Yay! :rocket: :robot: :100: :1st_place_medal: :star2: :zap: :fire:

Nice to see someone taking the time to do the boring but important stuff!

4 Likes