New ROS MOOC from Delftx (TUDelft-edX) for beginner level ROS1 Users

Dear All,

I am pleased to announce a new ROS MOOC, Hello (Real) World with ROS), that is going online from 5th September 2018 on the edX online learning platform.

You can enrol now at the Course Webpage for a fun ROS learning journey!

This course is a part of the educational activities of the EU project ROSIN and the TU Delft Online Learning School.

The target audience for the course are beginner level ROS1 users. The course will be instructor paced and of 6 weeks duration. A study/work load of about 8-12 hours per week is expected.

See you online from September 5th!

On behalf of the Delftx ROS MOOC team,
Mukunda Bharatheesha

8 Likes

A little late… But this course is really good. Any plans to offer it again?

2 Likes

You can find the archived course in edX
ROS MOOC

1 Like

I know, but I was asking about an actual session? There are differences in how it works are there not?

Thanks for your kind words and interest. Currently we are working to run again an instructor-paced edition early 2020. We also have plans to make it available self-paced, so that people can follow it on their own at anytime.

1 Like

Thanks. I was wondering if you could let me have the public ppt or pdfs for my own use? There are a few slide sequences that I can use in my own teaching…

Pito Salas

Brandeis Computer Science

Volen 134

Good to know, thanks! Is there any plan for a similar course ROS2-oriented?

Regards,

Igor

FYI We are working with a few different Universities to develop curriculum for ROS 2. Its focused around using our ground robots (www.roverrobotics.com) but we are open to expanding to use any hardware with good ROS 2 support. The classes will be offered in 2020. Feel free to email me at info@roverrobotics.com if you have any questions about it.

4 Likes

happy to help develop curriculum, support you Nick. We ADLINK have been teaching ROS 2 at universities, schools and hands-on events in Taipei, Singapore, China.

2 Likes