Octomap messages in rosbridge_1 to 2

Hi, I am using Ros 2 but want to map the environment with Octomap. I use the rosbridge between Ros 2 (rolling) and Ros melodic. However, octomap_msgs/Octomap is not a default message. I know it is possible to create custom messages, but as I understand, it is for messages that do not exist in Ros 1 and Ros 2. How can I add octomap_msgs/Octomap messages to the bridge? If it is in the same way as the custom messages (https://github.com/lidiaxp/ros1_bridge/blob/01708c910130dbcd44ec9b39785d700ad4bb9b4b/doc/index.rst#how-does-the-bridge-know-about-custom-interfaces), how this code works colcon build --packages-select ros1_bridge --cmake-force-configure? It would work similarly if I already have the messages (in ros folders, for example).

Thanks for your question. However we ask that you please ask questions on Robotics Stack Exchange following our support guidelines.

ROS Discourse is for news and general interest discussions. Robotics Stack Exchange provides a Q&A site which can be filtered by tags to make sure the relevant people can find and/or answer the question, and not overload everyone with hundreds of posts.

Thank you very much for point it out. Here is the new link: ros melodic - Octomap messages in rosbridge_1 to 2 - Robotics Stack Exchange

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.