I would like to share with you my intention to redesign and re-implement OpenPlanner (OP) for Autoware.AI taking into consideration ROS 2 and Autoware.Auto.
The following is the current architecture for OpenPlanner.
- OpenPlanner uses internal map format + map information retrieval functions, a converter from any map format to OP road network is required. Also OP has its own .kml file format.
- Object tracker could be replaced with another tracker if they can output required information (dimensions, convex hull, and/or velocity). Currently the OP object tracker implementation is kf_contour_tracker node.
- Global planner could be replaced with path loader.
- OP is stand alone library, could be used outside ROS.
- Remove redundant and unused functions.
- Develop revised internal map format that covers (vector map, open drive, and lanelet2) map structures.
- Improve code quality, add simple documentation for each module, add function comments.
- Add unit tests.
- Include the latest development of the Intention and Trajectory Estimation.
- Include the lanelet2 converter/loader support.
Looking forward to ideas, suggestions, and help.