Preparing for Humble sync 2022-08-17

There have been several new and updated packages in Humble since its release a couple weeks ago and it’s time to sync those new features and fixes to the main apt and dnf repositories.

There are currently no regressions and 151 packages to release.

We will start holding rosdistro PRs for the sync today (2022-08-11T00:00:00Z) and will plan to do the sync on Wednesday, 2022-08-17T00:00:00Z.

1 Like

Do we have anyone here capable of pushing the rqt_tf_tree through? It would be a great tool to have available on Humble, and according to this discussion it should be working, someone just need to get proper permissions: Release for Rolling and Humble · Issue #42 · ros-visualization/rqt_tf_tree · GitHub

1 Like

@msadowski thank you very much for bringing this missing package back to notice.
I made a request that would solve this permission issue so that, if accepted, rqt_tf_tree can be released for humble and then hopefully be part of the next sync.

1 Like

@audrow Can we make sure to include rosbag2_storage_mcap: 0.1.7-1 in 'humble/distribution.yaml' [bloom] by emersonknapp · Pull Request #34158 · ros/rosdistro · GitHub in this sync? It prevents a breaking crash from being released - the current version would break the package with the sync.

1 Like

I’ve merged the rosdistro PR in. I’ll make the sync once things rebuild.

1 Like

Sync is out!

2 Likes

Hi @audrow,

Could you please update the snapshot Index of /humble/ to have the latest version 2022-08-17?

Thanks!

Snapshots are triggered separately from the primary sync process and are usually available within a week of the sync. It should be up before tomorrow.

1 Like

@msadowski
The releases for Humble and Rolling are merged into rosdistro and hopefully will be covered by the next sync.

2 Likes