Preparing for Melodic sync 2019-09-24

Currently Melodic has 2 regressions and 87 packages ready to sync. I plan to hold new releases for Melodic starting tomorrow, September 25, with a sync next week.

Regressions:

@clalancette, the potential rviz regression turned out to be a regression only when building the melodic-devel branch on Kinetic: Kinetic uses an older Qt version, which causes the described issue.
As we are targeting Melodic, I prefer to keep the new feature as is. In Melodic, with newer Qt, there is no issue. So, from me, you have a GO for the sync :slight_smile:

1 Like

@rhaschke Thanks for the follow-up, it’s appreciated. The other regression has also been fixed, so I’ll let this bake for a few more days and sync it on Monday.

1 Like

The sync is out

Continuing the discussion from Preparing for Melodic sync 2019-09-24:

@clalancette any chance of releasing melodic? We’re waiting for our pr2eus on melodic…

Apologies for the delay in releasing Melodic. Behind the scenes I’ve been working on two regressions that Melodic currently has: here and here. I actually know how to solve both of them; the first needs a re-release from @fmessmer and the second needs this patch merged.

What I’ll do in the meantime is put Melodic into freeze as of Monday, October 28. Since I’ll be at ROSCon, I probably will not have time to do the release until the following week (so November 4th). If the above regressions aren’t resolved by then, I’ll work on some fallback plans so we can actually do a sync.

Again, apologies for the delay.