Preparing for Noetic Sync 2021-06-25

Hello Noetic maintainers!

Starting now, I will be holding new Noetic ros/rosdistro release PRs with a plan to sync ROS Noetic packages to the main apt repo on 2021/06/25. Please comment here if there are any issues I should know about before performing the sync.

There are currently 140 packages waiting to sync and one regression in the bota_driver repository on armhf.

Looks like there is a regression in rviz: Rviz Freezes on "Save Config as" · Issue #1641 · ros-visualization/rviz · GitHub.
I hope to receive feedback about this issue today. Otherwise, I would probably revert the potentially offending PR Continue processing messages while displaying dialogues by rhaschke · Pull Request #1639 · ros-visualization/rviz · GitHub.

1 Like

Hi @sloretz,
I have resolved the regression bug and made a relevant PR.

1 Like

The rviz issue turns out to be hard to reproduce. I’m not sure it really is an issue actually. Hence, this is not blocking the release anymore.

1 Like

Thanks for updating!

The sync is out :tada: . Now is a great time to make releases for the next sync :fireworks:

Hi @sloretz, is there a sync schedule posted anywhere? I was just curious if it’s possible to know in advance when certain ROS distro syncs will happen. Currently they appear to happen roughly every month?

Roughly every 3 to 4 weeks. It can get delayed if there are regressions that need to be fixed.

1 Like