A great opportunity for a Research Scientist in Pittsburgh, PA. Ideal candidate must have experience in at least one of these 3 areas in Robotics:
- Autonomy (Automation)
- Artificial Intelligence
- Vision Planning
• Research complex perception, decision making, and control problems and develop solutions for customers across defense, medical, and commercial markets
• Lead the research and development of solutions in the areas of autonomous and vision-aided robotic systems
• Lead teams developing proposals for government and private customers
• Work closely with mechanical, electrical, and software engineering teams to develop systems from concept to production level
• Collaborate with industry partners and top tier academia research institutes
• Initiate and participate in technology conversations with distinguished scholars and industry leaders
• Develop and execute autonomous and vision-aided robotic systems project plans including technical approach and project management to achieve high customer satisfaction
Other Desired Skills and Experience
• Demonstrated ability to lead and manage research projects, conduct real-world experiments and demonstrations, and identify fruitful research directions, and lead proposal development efforts
• Experience in dealing with customers and conveying difficult concepts in an effective way to customers, colleagues, and collaborators.
• Excellent communication and teamwork skills
• Knowledge of fundamentals and state of the art in robotics
• Experience in applying machine learning to real-world robotic problems
• Knowledge of fundamentals in optimization, supervised and reinforcement learning
• Strong research and innovation skills and ability to solve difficult vision and learning problems
• Strong publication records in relevant fields (patents, top conferences and journals)
• Experience with ROS or other robotics platforms
• Excellent prototyping skill and expert programming skills in multiple programming languages
• Hands-on experience with multiple operating systems
• Demonstrated ability to work on cross-functional teams
• Flexibility and adaptability to work in a growing, dynamic team
• Technical knowledge is a definite plus; along with project management experience.
Strong Preference for PhD (or Master’s) in technical field
○ If no advanced degree, would need to be an extraordinary candidate 10+ years in Robotics.
Sponsorship not available
Great benefits package.