Please apply here: Senior C++ Engineer - London SE16 - Indeed.com
BotsAndUs are building the next generation of robotics technology to help organisations harness the power of real time data and become more efficient in driving their operations. We have developed and successfully deployed our own autonomous platforms and are now looking for passionate and ambitious minds to significantly scale up our technical expertise.
As a Senior C++ Software Engineer, you will play a key role in designing and productionising our software systems that are built in C++. This covers everything from the embedded code that manages the robot’s sensors, the motion planners that allow the robot to navigate, all the way up to the application layer – where we have high-throughput processing pipelines for sensor data.
- Improving and industrialising key areas of our robotics stack, including:
- Architecting and building robust systems for managing and executing tasks
- Communicating with other software systems using a variety of APIs
- Connecting to hardware devices and sending/receiving data
- Optimising the design and performance of data processing pipelines, handling high-volume data from devices like laser scanners and cameras.
- Building performance-critical frameworks, reusable libraries, and components in modern C++ that can be used throughout our robotics and high-level software stacks.
- Contributing to planning of longer-term strategic work with other teams and business units.
- Mentoring and collaborating with other software team members.
As a senior member of the software engineering team, you will have responsibility for both implementation and system design. You will have the opportunity to contribute to cross-team planning efforts, and to shape the design of our platforms now and in the future.
You will need:
- Proven experience developing commercial or industrial-scale software at a senior technical leader level
- Expertise in writing modern, production-ready C++ code and OO system design
- Experience using modern development practices, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, agile development, continuous build processes, and automated testing
- Experience in low-latency, high-performance environments
- Experience with Linux environments
- Excellent spoken and written English communication skills
It would also be helpful to have:
- Experience with developing products in the robotics, embedded, or similar fields
- Experience with ROS (Robot Operating System)
- Real-world experience with autonomous systems (mobile robots, cars, aircraft, UAV etc.) and sensors (LIDAR, radar, camera, inertial sensors etc.)
As a company, we’re definitely in the start-up phase of our life – we’re a small VC-funded team, but we have a great platform in an advanced stage of development. You’ll be joining us at a fantastic time when things are growing extensively, and there are lots of opportunities to get involved with different areas of the business – as well as shaping the future of our products, culture, and engineering team.
We have a flexible, remote-friendly approach to work – we have an amazing office and workshop space in central London, but all of our team routinely work remotely as well. As a startup we have occasional deadlines to meet, but work-life balance is important to us and we’ll keep any disruption to a minimum.
You’ll receive a market-rate salary, share options, and your choice of equipment, as well as an annual training and conference budget. We use loads of open-source software, and we’d love for you to contribute to projects while you are here – and you’re welcome to take some time for personal projects too.