Please apply here: Senior Robotics Engineer - London SE16 - Indeed.com
BotsAndUs are building the next generation of robotics technology to help organisations harness the power of real time data and become more efficient in driving their operations. We have developed and successfully deployed our own autonomous platforms and are now looking for passionate and ambitious minds to significantly scale up our technical expertise.
As a Senior Robotics Software Engineer, you will play a key role in designing and building the core autonomous platform for our mobile robots.
- Contributing to the design and implementation of our core autonomous robotics software, including the areas of:
- 2D Motion planning and navigation for our ground mobile robots
- Perception and use of sensors
- Architecting, designing and implementing processes for improving our software stack, including test and validation processes.
- Developing new ideas to make robots more capable, and evaluating them by building and testing prototypes.
- Contributing to planning of longer-term strategic work with other teams and business units.
- Mentoring and collaborating with other team members.
As a senior member of the software engineering team, you will have responsibility for both implementation and system design. You will have the opportunity to contribute to cross-team planning efforts, and to shape the design of our platforms now and in the future.
You will need:
- Proven experience developing commercial or industrial-scale robotics software at a senior technical leader level
- Experience developing reliable, production-ready software using C++ and Python
- Experience with Linux environments
- Experience with ROS (Robot Operating System)
- Experience using modern development practices, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, agile development, continuous build processes, and automated testing
- Excellent spoken and written English communication skills
It would also be helpful to have:
- Hands on experience with navigation, sensor fusion or modern SLAM solutions and localisation techniques
- Familiarity with robotics simulation
- Experience developing robotics platforms using Docker
As a company, we’re definitely in the start-up phase of our life – we’re a small VC-funded team, but we have a great platform in an advanced stage of development. You’ll be joining us at a fantastic time when things are growing extensively, and there are lots of opportunities to get involved with different areas of the business – as well as shaping the future of our products, culture, and engineering team.
We have a flexible, remote-friendly approach to work – the robotics-focused nature of this specific role will require frequent time spent on-site at our office and workshop space in London, but all of our team routinely work remotely as well. As a startup we have occasional deadlines to meet, but work-life balance is important to us and we’ll keep any disruption to a minimum.
You’ll receive a market-rate salary, share options, and your choice of equipment, as well as an annual training and conference budget. We use loads of open-source software, and we’d love for you to contribute to projects while you are here – and you’re welcome to take some time for personal projects too.