ROS News for the Week of 8/17/2020
There was almost too much interesting ROS news this week! Make sure you set aside and hour or two to catch up.
ROS Packages and Tools
- Autonomous Robot Lab releases SubT Source Code
- Human Imitation using ROS and NAO robot
- OpenCV4 Support Coming to Foxy!?
- Radition Sensors in ROS Lecture
- Fergs on the ROS 2 Nav Stack
- RVIZ on MacOSX
- ROS 2 Swarm Robotics Simulation from Georgia Tech
- Deep Drone Acrobatics using Gazebo Sim
- ROS 2 Deep Learning Package for nVidia hardware
Tutorials & Talks
- VSCode ROS2 Workspace
- James Bruton on ROS Mapping and Navigation
- How to Build a Snap Using ROS 2 Foxy
- Apex.AI Lecture 14 on HD Maps for Autonomy
- Dynamic Object Following in ROS 2
- Amazon Cloud Robotics Summit was this week. The talks have been posted to YouTube.
- Bee Hive Robot
- RoboBoat Champions VantTec discus their Robot
- Get Excited: Robot Capture the Flag (as in security).
- ClearPath is Bringing ROS to Boston Dynamic’s Spot
- AWS Announces World Forge
- OpenCV Turns 20
- National Geographic on Robotics
- Coppelia Sim Version 4.1.0 Released
- Need ROS 1 to ROS 2 Porting Help?
- Amazon Research Award for Robotics
- Interesting Bird 3D Shape Reconstruction Paper. – I thought this had interesting perception and orinthopter applications.
Did I miss something? Find a cool paper or post? Feel free to drop it down below.