ROS News for the Week of 12/7/2020 + New Features?

ROS hits the big leagues with Trajekt Sports. H/T @joespeed

festice
Festive “Snowbot Operating System” RViz Plugin compliments PickNik

(I am still waiting for a Robo Santa model in Ignition Fuel.)

ROS News for the Week of 12/7/2020

Events

In Case You Missed It:

News

ROS Packages

General Robotics

ROS Answers Questions

We’re really lagging behind on answering ROS Answer questions. I would like to increase community engagement on ROS Answers. It has been proposed that we have a weekly “answer party” where I present a list of questions in a google hangout and we try to answer them (I might include some ROS swag). Would this be something you would attend? Do you have other ideas about how to get more people engaging on answers more frequently? I would love to hear your thoughts.

Would you attend a weekly ROS Answers party?
  • Yes, I would attend such an event once a month.
  • No, I don’t have time for this.

0 voters

ROS Community Meeting?

Given the recent success of ROS World and the Gazebo community meeting, I am considering putting together a monthly ROS community meeting starting next year. I would like to know if there is critical mass for such an event and what people think that event should look like.

Would you attend a monthly ROS Community Meeting?
  • YES!!!
  • no

0 voters

If yes, what do you think such a meeting should look like? Potential community meeting components could include: lectures, tutorials, show-and-tell, panel discussions, code reviews, open ended discussion, core dev AMAs, and lightning talks? How do you think we should format such a meeting? Please voice your opinion in the comments.

6 Likes

Very good issue Katherine! I’m definitely stealing Trajekt’s video for Weekly Robotics :slight_smile:

I would be up for some community meeting/ ROS answers ‘party’ as long as you have some overlap with CET evenings (I can imagine it will be hard to do though).

1 Like