Our January Gazebo Community Meeting is next Wednesday. We’ll be discussing simulating drone inspection of wind turbines
Our ROS Meetup in Singapore happens next week. They’ve got two great speakers lined up.
Photonics West is next week in San Francisco. If you live in the area and do perception work I encourage swinging by. It is free to walk the floor. Phil from OpenCV and myself are going to head over on Tuesday if you want to meet up. We had two perception related news items from this week: ROS 2 Package for RICOH THETA Omindirectional Camera and Allied Vision now officially supports for ROS 2.
Gazebo classic is going end-of-life in less than a year. Please help us help you by taking this Gazebo EOL survey.
The one and only @smac just released his new SMAC Planner paper.
I said I was going to release the annual ROS metrics report yesterday but I had a couple of things come up. There’s some big news in there, so I think it is best that I wait until Monday. Does any one want to guess what ROS distro is currently the most downloaded? Maybe we can all put in our guesses for the most and least downloaded active ROS distros.
- Gazebo Community Meeting: Simulating Drone Inspection
- 2023-02-31 2024 ARIAC Competition Kick Off
- 2024-02-02 ROS Meetup Singapore
- 2024-02-03 ROS Meetup Lagos Nigeria!
- 2024-02-07 ROS Meetup Munich
- 2024-02-07 ROS 2 on Microcontrollers with microROS and Zephyr
- 2024-03-27 ROS Industrial Annual Meeting
- 2024-04-21 Robots on Ice – Save the Date
- 2024-05-13 Bots & Bento @ ICRA 2024
- 2024-06-16 Food Topping Challenge at ICRA 2024
- 2024-06-19 => 2024-06-20 ROSCon France
- 2024 Open Hardware Summit Montreal
- Dusty introduces a new version of its construction layout robot
- BlueWhite raises $39M for RAAS Autonomous Tractors – more
- Chef Robotics Raises $14.75M
- ARM Institute Raises $35 from DoD
- Accenture & Mujin Form Joint Venture
- Gecko Robots for Sustainability
- Video Friday
- Tea Robot using Ball Bearings
- Agile3D: Attention Guided Multi-Object 3D Segmentation
- REP-2003 Sensor Data and Map QoS Discussion
- Visual TurtleBot Navigation Packages
- 2 New and 21 Updated Packages for Noetic
- Cloud Robotics Working Group?
- CoP Aerial ROS CWG, subcommittees and presentations
- Pro Tips for Recording, Uploading, Processing, and Analyzing Robotics Data Strategically
- PickNik on ROS 2 and VSCode
- A computationally efficient and robust LiDAR-inertial odometry (LIO) package for ROS 2
- ROS 2 Package for RICOH THETA Omindirectional Camera
- ROS 2 package for Ultralytics YOLOv8 real-time object detection and segmentation
- Zero Copy Blackboards in Behavior Trees
- Best Practices for Processing and Analyzing Robotics Data
- Model Predictive Control for Python Toolbox
- COOL: Fast Map Matching in C++ and Python
- COOL: VISER: Web-Based 3D Viz using Python
- Japanese: Digital Twins with ROS and Issac Sim
- ROS 2 Simulation based Development Practices for Starters
- A LiDAR-inertial-visual odometry and mapping system based on the sweep reconstruction method
- Nebula: Unified ROS 2 Sensor Framework
- Nav2 Smac Planner Paper Released!
- How-to obtain a BNO085 IMU’s attitude and visualize it via ROS
- A C++ implementation of Cartesian impedance control for torque-controlled manipulators with ROS bindings.
- Allied Vision Support for ROS 2
- Swerve Drive Using Nav2
- ROS Tutorials from Georgia Tech
If you have a minute please help out the community by answering some ROS questions on Robotics Stack Exchange.