ROS Resources: Documentation | Support | Discussion Forum | Service Status | Q&A answers.ros.org

ROS with Google Summer of Code 2019?

gsoc

Hello ,
I’ve heard GSoC 2019 will accept Registration in this coming March 26. I’m interested and wanna apply to this program. But, as my programming experiences , I was more familiar with ROS than other programming fields(like Android,Web,etc) because I’m a Mechanical Engineer. I searched on GSoC proposals about ROS and I found posts (dealing with MoveIt! & GSoC) in here. Exactly , it gave me hope :smile:

So, may I know if any chance for ROS + GSoC collaboration this year and is there anyone who participated in GSoC with ROS projects ? (I wanna ask about experiences) Thanks a lot.

With Respect ,
Paing
Myanmar

Hi Paing,

I believe you already found it but here’s the link with the ideas for the 2019 GSoC:

If ROS is your interest, we’re proposing some MoveIt! and ROS infrastructure projects.

I’ll defer to other folks to talk about the experiences from previous years.

Hello , Caguero
Thanks for your reply . I’ve already read that link and it’s really helpful documentation. I found various ideas but unfortunately only two ideas with Python. I’ve a (very) little experience in C++. But I’ll try my best to apply this program and I would like to know do I’ve a chance to apply to more than one project ideas ? :sweat_smile:

With Respects,
Paing
Myanmar

Definitely, you can apply to multiple ideas and projects. My suggestion is to stay in touch with the potential mentors, get familiar with the project, and even make a small contribution.