Laza Medical is growing its software development team. We are currently a small group located in Campbell, CA with backgrounds in medical devices, AI/ML, medical imaging and perception, and robotics. Keep on reading for more information, especially if you’re interested in designing and building a new autonomous medical robotic system.
Here’s a direct link to the full job posting.
About Laza Medical
Laza Medical, a Shifamed Portfolio Company, is at the forefront of developing state-of-the-art imaging solutions for cardiovascular applications. Our mission is to democratize top-quality cardiovascular imaging using robotics and AI. To learn more about Laza Medical, please visit https://lazamedical.com/.
Founded in 2009 by serial entrepreneur Amr Salahieh, Shifamed LLC is a privately held medical technology incubator focused on the development of novel medical products to address clinical needs in the rapidly evolving fields of cardiology and ophthalmology.
As a Senior Software Engineer at Laza Medical, you will be an integral part of our mission to design, build, test and deploy an advanced automation system for a revolutionary medical device. Collaborating closely with embedded, control, and quality engineers, you will contribute to the development of safe and fault-tolerant motion models and plans, device integrations, data visualizations, and simulations.
Responsibilities, Skills & Hands-On Experience
- Utilize expertise in C++, and Python to craft high-quality and efficient software solutions.
- Contribute to the design and implementation of software architectures and integrations with hardware systems.
- Develop and execute comprehensive software testing frameworks, leveraging debugging tools for issue identification and resolution.
- Create requirements and formal test protocols for new features.
- Participate in the full cycle of the development of robotic software.
- Utilize and develop software for real-time systems for safe and fault-tolerant software applications.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to design, implement, and program automation systems for medical devices.
- Implement and optimize software modules for path planning, kinematics, and sensor integration, and simulations for testing and development.
- Generate formal design documentation.
Preferred Skills & Hands-On Experience
- Experience developing medical software systems.
- Experience implementing ROS or ROS2 systems.
- Familiarity with Linux development and system maintenance.
- Familiarity with software testing frameworks and debugging tools.
Education & Work Experience
- MS or PhD degree in CS, EE, Robotics or a related field.
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant experience.
- Minimum 4+ years of software development experience.
- Minimum 2+ years of experience in relevant algorithm development.
- Demonstrated ability to systematically troubleshoot and debug complex systems.
- Proficiency in programming using C++ and Python, and experience with OOP design.
- Proven experience in robotic software development, with a focus on automation systems, demonstrating a deep understanding of real-world applications.
- Experience with software development life cycles including design, implementation, deployment, and maintenance for products or production grade systems.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with software development process in a regulated medical device environment is a plus.
- High levels of independence and technical ownership.
- Experiences with SQA and software release and deployment process.