Tf2_sensor_msgs porting to ROS2

Anyone working on porting tf2_sensor_msgs to ROS2? If not, our team at Persistent System is ready to put the effort in porting tf2_sensor_msgs to ROS2. Please let us know if anyone has any concern or any vital information that we will help us in this porting effort. If anyone has already started already working on porting tf2_sensor_msgs, Please let us know if you will be interested to obtain our assistance in the porting effort.
@Vincent_Rabaud, I see that you are the maintainer of this package in ROS, hence I’m tagging you here in this post.

Hi @prasenjitdan: It’s great that you and your team are willing to port (and I assume assist with the maintenance) of over two dozen ROS packages! It’s quite unprecedented!

Could the community have a bit more insight into how your team is funded and what your long-term interest is? It would be unfortunate if there was a burst of effort put in and then these packages were then left orphaned.

As none has responded, I’m assuming none is working on porting this package to ROS2 at this time. If so, Our team at Persistent will work on porting this package very soon.

@rgariepy, Thank you. Thats a valid ask and I’ll sent out a seperate communication on that to interested parties very soon.

Given the large number of packages you are proposing to port, I think that “interested parties” is everyone. Please post this information to Discourse for all to read.

@gbiggs, Sure, I’ll share this information very soon.

Coming to back to original ask - I did not see any response that anyone is working actively on porting tf2_sensor_msgs to ROS2. I’m assuming that this package might not have been taken up by anyone. If so, I’ll add this to our to-do list as well. If anyone has any concern, please let me know.

I have a PR pending for the C++ elements of it