I want to translate the ROS Industrial Training material in French. See other discussions on the topic :
- Documentation en Français - #18 by gautz
- Multilanguage support and GitHub Actions ros2/ros2_documentation#3829
I am planning to use Weblate (free for open source) in combination with sphinx and gettext. Here are the requirements to get free support for a libre project :
- Translated content has to be released under a license approved by OSI or recognized as libre by FSF.
- All the source code has to be publicly available in a supported version control system.
- Translations have to be in the same repository as the source code, or under the same project/organization as the source code repository.
- Using Weblate has been approved by the upstream project.
- Mention you use Weblate for translations in the README. It’ll attract new translators and also help Weblate to be free for more projects.
- The project has had active development for at least three months.
So to be able to start this initiative, I would need approval from the ROS-Industrial community on the above points. @ipa-hsd @ipa-led @ipa-nhg @ROS-I_Consortium @Levi-Armstrong what’s you opinion on the topic ?