Posted this question on twist_mux repo as well.
@Jeremie, We are interested in working on this with you. From our experience there are a few different teleop stacks out there that do basically the same thing. It would be nice to have one standard one in ROS2
@NickFragale, that’s great. I have started porting
twist_mux and was planning on getting started with
teleop_tools during this week. How would you like to proceed ? I’d propose to open a draft PR on github to which we would push as we go.
In the meantime I opened a ticket to teleop_tools.
Lets move communication over to Slack. We can keep posting updates and general info here like the github repo url.
Thanks for the effort everyone that was involved! We’ll probably be using this soon.
teleop_tools was released but it’s installation is failing (joy/key_teleop from ros-testing). While we’re fixing it, what’s the proper channel to make sure it is not moved from testing to main (@dirk-thomas) ?
If there’s an issue with something the most important part is to ticket it upstream which I see is already done: https://github.com/ros-teleop/teleop_tools/issues/37
If there’s something that the release manager should be monitoring you can start a thread in the appropriate subcategory here: https://discourse.ros.org/c/release There will be a thread made as we prepare for the release that you can reply to. But you can also preemptively start a thread there too so that the release manager can know it’s an issue before beginning to prepare for the sync.
FYI @nuclearsandwich As dashing release manager expect a thread on this soon.
Hi @Jeremie, I’m interested in twist_mux package.
So I wonder how it’s going.
unfortunately I never quite finish porting
twist_mux to ROS 2. It wasn’t quite the fit I was expecting for my particular project at that time… I have seen that you already resumed that work from my fork, I won’t be able to dedicate much time to it currently but let me know if I can help .
@Jeremie My work was not difficult because you’ve already port most of it.
I finished porting, and testing it with a real robot.
I’m glad to see that you got it working on your robot!
Feel free to open a PR to the upstream dashing branch