Hi ROS Community,
Our primary aim at The Construct is to make robotics more accessible to everyone. So today, we are proud to announce our latest achievement - Starbots Coffee - an online remote cafeteria built by The Construct using ROS2 and Open-RMF.
Anyone in the world can connect to it and have a fleet of robots manage and deliver coffee orders. We created this demo to show what Open-RMF is capable of in a real-world scenario.
This application integrates everything from Open-RMF (including opening/closing doors, ingestors/injectors, two different types of robots, integration with a web page, and more).
Starbots Coffee is open to everyone from Mon to Fri, 9:30 to 14:00 CET. Try it now!
- Visit the page starbots.coffee
- Scroll down and select a person from our team to send a coffee.
- Use a mobile phone to scan that person’s QR code and then select the beverage you want to send that person.
- A new window will show the live camera in our cafeteria and how the robots coordinate to prepare and send the coffee (robotic arm and mobile base) to a given location.
- You can also see the RVIZ window showing the RMF actions taken by the robots.
If you want to learn how to build a multi-robot system similar to ours, check out this training from The Construct https://www.theconstructsim.com/robot-fleet-management-ros2-open-rmf-training/
The Construct team