Navigation Working Group Meeting Minutes - August 31
- Steve Macenski
- Alexey Merzlyakov
- Ryan Friedman
- Awab Syed
- Reza Kermani
- Magda Skoczen
- Josh Wallace
New people introduce themselves
- Magda - join meeting + some questions
- Reza - construction AMR company engineer
New additions of note:
- Wait recovery now respects ROS time (Dexory)
- New changes to Smac Planner complete to add new features for (1) additional search primitives (2) optional downsampling of cost heuristic representation and (3) quadratic cost functions. Testing would be appreciated in PR #3752
- Humble fix for planner server lifecycle management
- GPS tutorial coming shortly (Kiwibot) GPS WPF tutorial by pepisg · Pull Request #457 · ros-planning/navigation.ros.org · GitHub
- Interpolating lookahead point at the goal pose to get to the goal pose after in RPP (James Ward)
- Alexey: Prune distance lookahead parameter for waypoint follower related?
New bugs of note:
- Bug identified by Alexey Waypoint Follower action goal handle timeout in rclcpp · Issue #3765 · ros-planning/navigation2 · GitHub
- rclcpp actions results not properly returned due to timeouts in rclcpp’s handling of goal handles
- Alexey: comparing time with timeout, the goal is killed. Check when last updated, not when the goal is initiated.
- Steve: Oh I like that better than checking completion, in case there’s an issue in completion logic of user code. Lets open a ticket in rclcpp and ping me and Chris.
- Alexey link to ROS Developer’s Day talk:
Round Robbin (questions, comments, what youre working on, updates, etc)
- Steve: Smac Planner remove zig-zags caused in Hybrid-A* due to angle quantization bin skipping (+ a bunch of new features!), creating ROSCon talk on MPPI controller
- Alexey: Working on the WPF flaky tests (1) rclcpp action (2) controller prune issue (3) BT errors not being cleared out. Working on rclcpp::Rate
- Awab: Nav and having problems without AMCL → answered questions.
- Josh: Route server having problems with routing potentially, working on finding closest node
- Magda: Interested in costmap pub/sub updates with questions, awesome!
- Ryan: Got Nav2 working with Cartographer on a quadcopter, costmap issues took some time to work through. Working to move to Humble