I have just bought a Rosbot 2.0 pro. I am a little surprised at how basic the WebGUI demo app that they offer is. I know this is a research and programming platform, but I imagined there would be a basic app that demonstrates the core capability of ROS on this vehicle.
I imagined there would be a public (or private) project to demonstrate a basic capability - like:
- GUI application you can run on a browser/tablet.
- Create a map, manually drive around an area to discover.
- Define a few positions/position/pose in the map. (Drive to then create)
- Save the Map and the positions
- Set a task or mission to go to a taught point.
I am sure there is more you could do from here, but this base capability in a GUI app would allow the demonstration of any vehicles ability to navigate around. It also seems like a fairly basic system to develop - for an experienced ROS programmer (Which I am certainly not - and probably never will ever be…) It seems like the WebGUI system would be a good place to start … just add a few extra functions.
Does anyone have - or can point me to - such a project?