Sailing robots are autonomous surface vehicles (ASV) that use wind power as the only propulsion source. The robot can sailing on the sea on a much longer duration compared to the battery-powered counterpart and potentially could serve as a platform for the long-term ocean observation. In order to help teams get start with robotics sailing, we are organising a two days winter academy for students and professionals.
The lecture will be given by Yu Cao (Southampton Sailing Robot Team) and Prof. Chao Xu (Zhejiang University).
- Introduction on robotics sailing – history and the challenges
- The physics on sailing craft
- Hardware and software structure of an autonomous sailing robot
- Software tutorials on the basics of ROS, python and git version control
- Sailing robot path planning and lower level control
- Sailing demonstration given by ZMART team (subject to weather condition)
Time and Location
Dec.15 and 16, 2018 @ Zhejiang University, China // Free of charge
Registration can be made online via https://jinshuju.net/f/JB7bpP