ROS 2 ISO 26262 Certification and Thank You

Dear ROS 2 community,

We (https://www.apex.ai/) presented our functional safety certification process and the findings at this week’s Embedded World 2021 Conference. For those that could not attend, the slides (which were also presented in a similar form at the February 2021 ROS 2 TSC) are attached (3.1 MB) .

We expect the certification process, which we are presenting in the talk, to be approved in the next few days. This will be a big step for Apex.AI but we believe an even bigger step for the ROS community. ROS is worldwide the most field-proven robotics framework and the one with the largest user base. The only real argument against using ROS in production, in that it is not real-time and not certified, will then be eliminated. And not just that - Apex.OS will be the first framework suitable for autonomous driving application that will be ISO 26262 certified.

This would’ve not been possible without the decades of innovation and research that you all have invested in. It also proves, yet again, that best software is built in the open and through many, many iterations.

If you are interested in the details - we plan to present the process and the findings in an online meetup in the next couple of weeks. Please let us know if you would like to attend.

Thank you from Apex.AI

53 Likes

1st of all, great work :exclamation:

count me in :+1: thanks

1 Like

Count me in! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: :robot: :oncoming_automobile:

1 Like

awesome stuff! I’d be interested in attending

1 Like

Very nice! I am interested as well.

1 Like

Congratulations, great news! I am also interested in attending the meetup.

1 Like

Great stuff. I’m interested in the meetup as well.

1 Like

This is very good news @Dejan_Pangercic.

A presentation about this would certainly be interesting.

What’s the process for upstreaming some of these changes necessary to improve the robustness of the wider (and publicly available) ROS 2 code base? Are there plans for that?

9 Likes

Congratulations! I am also interested in attending.

1 Like

Congratulations!, I will be interested in attending.

1 Like

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Congratulations! Keep me posted on the meetup and please do record it! I would also encourage y’all to present at ROSCon!.

3 Likes

Very impressive step ! Congratulations to the entire team !!

1 Like

Big milestone for the ROS ecosystem. Well done @Dejan_Pangercic and team.

1 Like

Great work! I would like to attend the meeting too

1 Like

Congratulation!

I would also be interested in attending the presentation. Please keep updating. :grin:

1 Like

Congratulations Dejan, Jan and to the whole Apex.AI team! I would also like to attend of course :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Impressive job ! :clap:

3 Likes

Awesome! :rocket: I’d like to join as well!

2 Likes

cool :clap: Congratulation!

2 Likes

Congratulations :fireworks:

I want in! :slight_smile:

1 Like