ROS News for the Week of August 28th, 2023

ROS News for the Week of August 28th, 2023

The Gazebo Harmonic Tutorial Party is happening over the next two weeks. If you have an hour or two to spare please lend the team a hand beta testing the next release.

Join us for our next ROS By-The-Bay. It’s required a lot of hustling on my part, but we’re going to have guests from Autoware, Indy Autonomous Challenge, F1/Tenth, and Autoware.

nav2opt
Vizanti for ROS 2 dropped this week. Vizanti is essentially RViz, but optimized for use on a touch screen in the field. Really cool stuff.

Our colleagues at eProsima released an ISO-26262 safety certified version of DDS this week! This is a big win for those who need to build safety certified ROS applications.

:point_right: BUY YOUR ROSCON TICKETS BEFORE SUNDAY :point_left:

EarlyBird sale ends Sunday and prices go up after that! Don’t delay.

:fishing_pole_and_fish: :beach_umbrella: :beer: Heads up, I am actually going on a proper vacation next week. I’ll be deep in the woods of Michigan’s upper peninsula by the Two Hearted River, far away from anything resembling the internet, so no ROS news next week.

Events

News

ROS

Robotics Stack Exchange

The transition is complete! We’ve moved over most of the questions and ROS Answers tags to Stack Exchange. Please take a moment to swing over to Robotics Stack Overflow and answer a few questions.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.