ROS based solar weeder

Dear ROS Discussion Group Members,

I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to seek your expertise and insights regarding the integration of the latest technologies into a solar-powered weed trimmer project based on ROS (Robot Operating System).

During the design process, I have encountered some challenges, particularly in applying the latest technologies within the ROS framework. Hence, I am reaching out to the ROS discussion group to share ideas, experiences, and recommendations.

The topics I would like to discuss include, but are not limited to:

Leveraging machine learning and computer vision techniques for weed classification and identification.
Optimizing solar energy harvesting and storage systems to ensure sustained operation under various environmental conditions.
Integrating autonomous navigation and obstacle avoidance capabilities to enable efficient weed trimming without collisions.
Utilizing ROS behavior and task management tools for automated scheduling and task allocation.
If you have any experience, insights, or suggestions related to these topics, I would greatly appreciate your input.

You might find some solar info at https://community.twistedfields.com/

In terms of field nav, it’s a hard problem. I like this approach GitHub - Agroecology-Lab/visual-multi-crop-row-navigation at ROS2

1 Like