Rover Nagivation Query

Hi guys. Im currently working on an agricultural rover where in the function of the rover is to identify wether the plant detected by the camera mounted is a crop or a weed and hence eliminate the weed using high intensity laser if detected. The Design consists of a base rover and a robotic arm on top of the rover which has cameras attached to it for CV aspect.

I actually seek some guidance regarding the autonomous navigation of the rover. Im planning on using ROS for this. The main purpose is to navigate the rover without human interference (completely autonomous) on the agricultural terrain. If someone could please guide me as to how i can go about doing this, it would be helpful.

Thank You

Thanks for your question. However we ask that you please ask questions on http://answers.ros.org following our support guidelines: Support - ROS Wiki

ROS Discourse is for news and general interest discussions. ROS Answers provides a Q&A site which can be filtered by tags to make sure the relevant people can find and/or answer the question, and not overload everyone with hundreds of posts.