ROS Developers Podcast #63: Eclipse DDS Cyclone for ROS 2 with Joe Speed
Podcast Link: https://www.theconstructsim.com/eclipse-dds-cyclone-for-ros-2-with-joe-speed/
It is my pleasure to introduce you to Joe Speed. Joe is Field CTO of ADLINK Technology, a company that develops many things, but one of them, the most important for us as ROS Developers is that ADLINK has contributed an open source ROS middleware implementation.
Joe has a lot of experience in IoT systems, since he’s been working on the subject for many years at Linux Foundation, IBM and now ADLINK. Today, he is going to talk with us about the relationship between IoT and robotics and how DDS plays a fundamental role in that relationship.
- Follow Joe Speed on LinkedIn
- ADLink company
- What is DDS?
- iRobot ROS 2 performance tests presentation at ROScon `19
- ros2/rmw_cyclonedds the implementation of DDS by ADLink
- OpenSplice DDS by ADLink (community edition)
- iRobot ROS 2 performance test for mobile robots
- ApexAI/performance_test RMW and DDS evaluation tool
- Video of robot using Cyclone DDS not being affected by some many Wifi (600 networks).
- How to install Eclipse Cyclone DDS RMW