ROS Developers Podcast #63: ROS in micro controllers using u-ROS with Borja Outerelo
Podcast Link: https://www.theconstructsim.com/ros-in-micro-controllers-using-u-ros-with-borja-outerelo/
I would like to dedicate this episode to all those ROS developers that are figuring out new ways to use ROS. We know ROS is used in a robot with a computer that runs Linux Ubuntu and we program in C++ or Python. That’s it. But then, there are a lot of people thinking about how to use ROS in Windows machines, or ROS in a micro controller, or ROS in a fridge!!! Well, this episode is dedicated to you (call me if you are putting ROS in a fridge!!)
Today we are going to talk with one of the people leading the development of micro-ROS. What is micro-ROS? For what can we use it? Well, those are the questions that we are going to be answered today.
So now, it is my pleasure to introduce you to Borja Outerelo. Borja is a senior software engineer at eProsima, the company that develops the protocol underneath u-ROS. Borja is going to explain to us what micro-ROS is, what this protocol is about, what should we use it for, and how can we start testing it and doing our experiments.
- Follow Borja Outerelo on LinkedIn
- u-ROS also known as micro-ROS
- eProsima the company where Borja works developing the middleware for u-ROS
- Fast RTPS middleware
- Fast RTPS git with all the code
- Getting started with u-ROS with official tutorials
- Nuttx, real time operating system
- Free RTOS, real time operation system for micro controllers
- ROS2 RCL, Library to support implementation of language specific ROS Client Libraries.
- The Robot Ignite Academy, our online academy that teaches you ROS in 5 days using simulations
- The ROS Development Studio, our online platform to program ROS online only with a browser