[ROS Developer Podcast] #63: ROS in micro controllers using u-ROS with Borja Outerelo

ROS Developers Podcast #63: ROS in micro controllers using u-ROS with Borja Outerelo
Podcast Link: https://www.theconstructsim.com/ros-in-micro-controllers-using-u-ros-with-borja-outerelo/

I would like to dedicate this episode to all those ROS developers that are figuring out new ways to use ROS. We know ROS is used in a robot with a computer that runs Linux Ubuntu and we program in C++ or Python. That’s it. But then, there are a lot of people thinking about how to use ROS in Windows machines, or ROS in a micro controller, or ROS in a fridge!!! Well, this episode is dedicated to you (call me if you are putting ROS in a fridge!!)

Today we are going to talk with one of the people leading the development of micro-ROS. What is micro-ROS? For what can we use it? Well, those are the questions that we are going to be answered today.

So now, it is my pleasure to introduce you to Borja Outerelo. Borja is a senior software engineer at eProsima, the company that develops the protocol underneath u-ROS. Borja is going to explain to us what micro-ROS is, what this protocol is about, what should we use it for, and how can we start testing it and doing our experiments.

Related links

1 Like