This week I tried something a bit different. As I was moderating ROS Discourse and Twitter accounts I kept a running markdown file of all of the interesting robotics related stuff I saw. I don’t have time to thoroughly review and write about everything, but I figured that at least summarizing the week would be helpful for the community.
Feel free to post your own finds in the comments below and engage in shameless self promotion of your projects.
ROS news for the week of 5/4/2020
ROS Projects and Releases
- PAL Robotics MoveIt Tutorial
- Plot Juggler 2 Released!
- Cartesian (XYZ) robot standard interface for ROS.
- ROS pull request survey.
- MoveIt 2 used in production work cell.
- Fergs is writing again, lots of great information here!
- Go for ROS tutorial
- Clearpath robots now support Windows
- 3D models of SubT robots posted on Sketchfab.
- SubT Virtual TestBed “Hello World” tutorial.
- Construct ROS Awards 2020
- Free Apex.ai/Autoware autonomy course dropping mid May.
- World Move It Day 6/2
- COVID 19 first responders discuss their robotics needs.
- Wired article on medical robots.
- TurtleBot for COVID19 response.
SLAM / Perception Goodies
- PySLAM Python SLAM library.
- MIT SPARK Lab Kimera tutorial: metric SLAM + semantic segmentation.
- New NAVSTACK SLACK / Landing Page
- Installing YOLO 4 on Ubuntu
- Event Cameras from ETH Zurich
- Maker Faire Kyoto (#mfkyoto2020 on twitter) looks really fun!
- Long video series on building a chain drive arm from scratch.
- ROS Kinetic Nintendo Switch Controller Tutorial (Japanese)