[Blog] ROS 2 Foxy Fitzroy: Setting a new standard for production robot development

Hi all, it’s been awhile since I’ve posted, but I’ve been lurking and reading posts when I can. I’m planning on being more active in the community again.

I wanted to share a blog that @Aaron_Blasdel, @Cam_Buscaron and I wrote as an overview of some of the great features and improvements in the Foxy release, and why we believe this release is ready for use in production.

ROS 2 Foxy Fitzroy: Setting a new standard for production robot development

I hope you enjoy it!

Comments are welcome.

10 Likes

Nice overview, and welcome back! Thanks for shouting out the ROS-I post on MoveIt2. We are all in on ROS2 and look forward to really getting to work with Foxy!

4 Likes

Also all those interested in navigation2, make sure to checkout our awesome and ever-expanding documentation on navigation.ros.org & join us on navigation2.slack.com slack channel! We have a bunch of really great projects going on right now with Jr Engineers to Sr Engineers alike to make navigation2 and ROS2 in general awesome!

If you want to get involved, join us there or PM me! We have people giving as little as 5 hours per week up to full-time at 40 hours per week. Any time commitment and skill level is welcome, we have a bunch of great learning opportunities for everyone.

5 Likes