I am happy to announce a new release of the ROS and ROS2 enabled robotics simulator CoppeliaSim (formerly known as V-REP). Some of the new features are:
- IK: Jacobian callbacks, null-space projections, visual debugging
- Better URDF support, convex hull, convex decomp., mesh decimation
- New MuJoCo functions for composite support
- Aruco markers, mesh surface and volume calculations via libigl
- LDR/MPD importer, improved precision, etc.
Other features of CoppeliaSim include:
- Physics engines: MuJoCo, Bullet, ODE, Vortex and Newton
- Kinematics: IK & FK for any mechanism, branched, closed, etc.
- Connectivity: ROS, ROS2, webSockets, ZeroMQ, ZeroMQ remote API
- Path/motion planning via OMPL
- Import/Export: URDF, SDF, XML, GLTF, LDR, STL, OBJ, collada, etc.
- Collision detection, minimum distance calculation
- Languages (within): C/C++, Python, Lua
- Languages (client): C/C++, Python, Java, MATLAB, Octave
For more information, please visit https://www.coppeliarobotics.com