DRIVE Orin achieves safety certification for ISO26262

We are please to share that NVIDIA DRIVE Orin has achieved safety certifications for ISO26262 for Automotive applications.

TUV-SUD-100x100

Working with TÜV SÜD the NVIDIA DRIVE Orin SoC completed concept and product assessments and is deemed to meet ISO 26262 ASIL D systematic requirements and ASIL B random fault management requirements as an SEooC.

The combination of DRIVE OS on DRIVE Orin provides a safe platform for the development of safe ROS autonomous vehicle applications.

Please see NVIDIA drive safety milestones for more information.

Thanks

5 Likes

the development of safe ROS autonomous vehicle applications.

1. What’s the ROS mean?
  2. If the ROS refers to ROS2, as far as I know, the ROS2 platform is not supported officially by Nvidia Drive AGX Platform. And there is no support to give an environment to mix-cross-compile ros2(and any other opensourced software like opencv) and dwmodules not say getting the interoperatability between dwcgf and ros2.
  3. What’s the opinion/plan/roadmap of Nvidia Driveworks Team to ROS2 and the opensource community?

I ask these questions because I recently became a dwcgf-developer and trying to do something between dwcgf and ros2(see ZhenshengLee/nv_driveworks_demo: Nvidia Driveworks Demo including CGF (github.com) if interested). But I saw some obstacles from Nvidia.
Some links from Nvidia developer forum to support my view.

Access to NvROS - DRIVE AGX Xavier / DRIVE AGX Xavier General - NVIDIA Developer Forums
ROS2 package using DW APIs for PVA and encoder - DRIVE AGX Xavier / DRIVE AGX Xavier General - NVIDIA Developer Forums
Conversion opencv image or ros image to dwImageCUDA for lane detection with driveworks - DRIVE AGX Xavier / DRIVE AGX Xavier General - NVIDIA Developer Forums

Thanks.

1 Like

Great question. ROS means ROS, ROS 2, and custom versions of ROS including Apex AI. Multiple autonomous vehicle projects use these variations for their work on DRIVE.

I can’t speak for DRIVE efforts with respect to ROS 2. The Isaac team is focused on enabling robotics developers with ROS 2. Isaac ROS and ROS 2 benefit from work to make DRIVE computing platforms functionally safe as we use the same family of computing platforms.

Thanks

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.