Help plan improvements for SolidWorks URDF Exporter 2.0! (Survey)

Greetings all,

I’m beginning to plan a new version of the SolidWorks URDF Exporter 2.0 and would love to hear from the community about desired new features and quality improvements that are important to you.

It’s been a bit over a year since I last released the latest patch update for the SolidWorks URDF Exporter and to date there have been over 14,000 downloads! It’s always astonishing to me to hear how many people have found this tool so useful. Thank you all!

This new version would help bring about some frequently requested improvements like ROS 2 support, xacro integration, better mesh refinements, and many more. To that end, I’m distributing a survey to everyone interested in the improvement of this tool. If you have ever used the tool, or have made use of a URDF generated by the tool, or have ever been interested in using the tool I would appreciate your feedback by filling out this survey.

It should take about 10-20 minutes depending on how in-depth you are willing to be.

Thank you all for your on-going support!
Stephen

6 Likes

Wouldn’t know what to do without this tool! Thanks for all your work on this!

2 Likes

This is just a reminder that this survey is open. Thank you to those that who have responded! I’ll collect responses as long as people keep responding!

Sorry / not sorry.

3 Likes

You know you’ve made it big when Open Robotics trolls you :joy:

1 Like

I’m closing this survey at the end of the week. Get your responses in now so they can help form the new features and fixes we develop! Some of the most recent responses have had some of the best contributions.

Thank you all!
Stephen

1 Like