Dear fellow Maritime Robotics Enthusiasts!
We are delighted to announce the initial release of the ROS2 Bridge for HoloOcean.
Check out our Youtube video: HoloOcean ROS2 Bridge - YouTube
- ROS2 bridge using rclpy and the HoloOcean Python API
- Thruster control using ROS2 messages
- Basic URDF file for the HoveringAUV vehicle based on the Unreal Engine simulation
- Converts ImagingSonar data to PointCloud messages
- Uses PyBind-based C++ module to handle the conversion
- Runs the conversion on a background thread to reduce simulation delays
- Docker and Virtualenv based development environment (see holoocean_tools)
- Demo application with Rviz visualization
- Implement ROS2 Control Hardware Interface
- Implement more sensors
- Allow handling more agents at the same time
This project was implemented as a research project by Migeran - Software Engineering & Consulting.
We are available for new software development projects in Robotics, AR/VR, and other domains. If you have any questions, you may contact us through our website.