Interest for a ROS2 Study and Robotics Concepts group (free)

Very nice idea. Please also add me to the list.

1 Like

When I open the channel I will post the link here, but we are still waiting for more people. Soon we will proceed. So stay tuned :slight_smile:

This is great! I find the ROS documentation shows how to do certain things without explaining the reasons behind it. You have to dig into the source code yourself to understand them, which can be intimidating for new people. A group like this can greatly lower the barrier for new comers, as well as address questions that are not covered in the documentation.

1 Like

Hi @dashpod You’re absolutely right. Working together will improve everyone’s skills in robotics and ROS2. The ROS2 doc is better then the first one, but it still needs improvements.

Hi everyone! I’d like to join the group as well. I’m relatively new to robotics and I’ve never used ROS1, but I’ve been using ROS2 at work so might be a good time for me to start learning/sharing in a more organized manner!

1 Like

Hi @jihyunl2 we will soon start the group (hope there will be more people interested in). It’s very helpful that you are working with ROS2 on your work (I am also working with ROS2, but at present for my own). ROS1 is not mandatory for the group if you know ROS2, but it is helpful to understand all the ROS concepts from scratch. Stay tuned!

1 Like

START
Hi people, I decided not to wait anymore for other people (they can still participate) and have started to create the group. So you can start to send me your email as pm to invite you in the group. But please be patient I will add rules, channels etc. step-by-step.

EDIT
Hi guys, I have received some emails from you. Don’t worry I will add you all. Nevertheless, please be patient with me, because I am about to add some rules, welcome channels etc. This takes some time.

EDIT 25.10.22
As you know I have started to create the learning group. I have added a verfication label for everyone who gets verified to participate. The process is the following:

1. You receive an invitation email from discord
  2. You have to wait to get verified from me. Until then you cannot see any channels
  3. When you get verified you get access to all rooms.
    This process ensures that not everyone from outside can access our group and mess it up with wired posts.
  4. At first you see the welcome screen, the rules and the introduction section. Here you should read the rules and introduce yourself (i.e. where you live, education, work, interests etc.).
    I have also included the ME66 bot.

At present I am testing everything with a test_user account. Stay tuned soon I will send you all the invitation.

NOTE:
If you encounter any problems please send me ONLY a pm here, to not over-comment these section here. For those who have no experience with the platform discord, you can take a look here to get an overview.

THANK YOU OPEN ROBOTICS
I also, would like to thank Open Robotics for this amazing framework and the opportunity to meet people from all over the world who are passioned in ROS and robotics.

1 Like

Hello Mike, This is a great idea! Thank you for this initiative. I would like to join this group as well.

Hi @remi You’re welcome :slight_smile: No problem send me your email by pm and I will add you as soon as I have setup the group.

Guys, I have encountered that I can invite you only by your discord nick. If someone knows how I can invite you by email please send me a pm. If this is not possible, please send me by pm you discord nick name.

THE GROUP IS NOW OPEN!!!
I’m waiting for your discord nick to add you to the community. I’m looking forward to work together with you guys.

EDIT 26.10.22
Guys I am not able to find some of you on discord by the data you provide me. The username should be something like this [name]#[number] e.g. mike#1394. Please, check this and send me the pm again. THX!

This is a nice Idea, I’ve been on exploring ROS2 for some months now, I am interested. Hope I’m not too late.

1 Like

Hi @sAmUko you are not late and there is no late at all :slight_smile: Please send me by pm your discord nick so I can add you.

Guys, we are about to get things going. We need your kind and active participation. Please send in your discord IDs to me(@lonebots) or to @robo_mike for joining to the server. We are waiting for everyone to get onboard.

Hey, I would love to be part of this!!

No problem! You need to send me a pm including your discord user name so I can invite you.

1 Like

Hi, I would be interested to join as well. Is it too late to join your group?

Hey, I am also interested. I have experience working with ROS1. Currently learning ROS2. my discord id : mohitk3000

@Mohit_3000 @jennifer this post is a year and a half old and I don’t think anything became of it. You are probably better off reaching out to the original author through a direct message.

Was the channel open didn’t see the link